COVID NOTICE – Updated 2nd April
12th April is the provisional date for the self catering industry to reopen. The rules allow one household to stay, no other mixing indoors. Outdoor hospitality, attractions and retail to reopen.
17th May is the provisional date for mixed bookings subject to the Rule of 6 or Two Households. No other mixing indoors. Remaining indoor and outdoor entertainment, attractions and retail to reopen subject to a 30 person limit.
As these dates are subject to change up to the last minute, we are working towards them in best faith. We are asking for all holiday balance payments which are normally due eight weeks before, to be paid now. We would be grateful for an email advising that the payment has been made so that the booking can be updated accordingly.
We cannot take payments on site and will not be able to issue arrival details without full payment. We also require a damage deposit to be paid as detailed in your booking confirmation.
For guests who are wishing to change bookings outside Lockdown or National Restrictions, the preferential treatment that we have been able to give cannot be extended and our normal Terms and Conditions apply.
Our cleaning and sanitisation regime
A COVID-19 Risk Assessment has been undertaken for each of our properties accepting guests, and the procedures detailed have been implemented. We have taken all possible steps to clean and sanitise our properties including measures as follows:-
- Guest information folders have been removed from the properties. Essential information is left in wipeable plastic folders or laminated pages. Full house notes are provided via email in advance of a guests’ arrival.
- A cleaning tick list is provided for incoming guests
- Hand sanitiser is provided at the entrance to the property
- Some textiles such as throws and cushions have been removed.
- Dry cupboard items including cling film and foil have been removed.
- A supply of cleaning materials, including virucidal disinfectant, tissues, hand wash and sanitiser and cloths, disposable gloves for guests to use, on request
- Guests are encouraged to maintain the cleanliness of the property during their stay.
- Guidance is available in the event guests develop COVID-19 symptoms during their stay.
How will the government social distancing measures affect facilities such as hot tubs or the tennis court and other high traffic areas?
The tennis court is operated on a first come first served basis. We ask all guests to use it in accordance with the Government’s guidelines for mixed groups.
For the hot tubs and the rest of the property we have increased the cleaning and sanitisation of the high touch areas. The hot tub is cleaned thoroughly and water changed between every booking as standard practice. There is no evidence that the coronavirus can be transmitted through water.
How will Check In and Check Out work?
All our check in and check outs are contact free. Our arrival information provides details of the key safe location and code so that guests can conduct a contact free self check in.
Any problems or issues at the property should be reported as soon as possible but latest by 24 hours after the arrival.